You want to get around Seneca Lake quickly, we want to get you around Seneca Lake safely, so here are the rules governing the 77.7-mile journey. Follow them and we'll have a great time. Violate them and suffer the consequences!
- All team members must be present at the start before your posted start time on raceday. Team members riding the start line shuttle bus must board at least 10 minutes prior to your wave's start.
- Certain exchange points have time cut-offs. If your team misses the early cut-off (exchange 7), you will not be allowed to continue until the posted time. If your team misses the late cut-offs (exchanges 17 and 20), you will not be allowed to continue.
- Teams must follow the instructions found in the Course Guide. For example, during certain legs motorized vehicles must take a different route than runners, and parking is prohibited at the first exchange (Roy's Marina) for those teams required to use the shuttle buses. Failure to follow Course Guide instructions will result in immediate disqualification.
- You may not travel alongside your runner. Non-motorized vehicles (bikes) may proceed at the same pace as the runner, but must stay out of the vehicular right-of-way and on the correct (i.e. right) side of the road. Idling next to your runner or pulling off to the side of the road to cheer is a safety hazard and will be grounds for immediate disqualification.
- Some exchange points require a road crossing between the exchange area and the vehicle parking area. At these exchanges, there will be a single, designated crossing point that must be used by all participants. Standing in the roadway or the vehicle right-of-way is prohibited.
- The consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- The use of reuseable water bottles is encouraged, and teams are required to appropriately dispose of their own trash and recycling. Any team found to have littered or urinated (or worse!) on the course will be disqualified. Please be considerate!
Penalty: 27 minutes on final time
- Your team must rotate runners in the same sequence throughout the race. "Mix and match" of course legs is not allowed.
- Each team must prominently display its "official vehicle" sign. Signs will be provided and should be displayed on your team vehicle. Non-motorized vehicles must display their sign(s), but placement can be creative.
- A safety vest must be worn on legs 10, 11, and 16, as well as by any runner on the course after 7pm. (If you expect to be mid-leg at 7pm, don the vest at the beginning of that leg.) Your runner will not be allowed to exit the exchange point until the vest is on. A safety vest will be made available to your team; you may use your own if it is *at least* as reflective as the one provided.
- Your team must provide an estimated pace before the race. Though this is an estimate, it is needed to ensure proper flow of the race logistics. Deviation from your estimated pace by more than 10% will result in a time penalty and elimination from consideration for awards.
- Volunteers make your race experience possible. Don't abuse them!
- Each runner must wear his/her bib number facing front. Headphones are discouraged, but may be used if only one earbud is in place on the race course.
- The team bracelet must be worn or carried throughout the race by the running runner.